Our goal is to help you breathe easier through effective diagnosis and treatment. Under the direction of Dr. Lucia – certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine in Pulmonary Disease, Critical Care Medicine and Sleep Medicine – our clinic provides comprehensive lung health care. In addition to testing, evaluation and treatment of pulmonary and cardiopulmonary conditions, we also offer comprehensive patient resources and education. The following lung health services are offered at SPSI’s state-of-the-art clinic:
- Complete Pulmonary Function Testing and Spirometry: Spirometry, lung volumes measurement and diffusion testing are available promptly without consultation.
- Methacholine Challenge Testing for Asthma: This is the most reliable method of determining the presence of asthma.
- Cardiopulmonary Exercise Testing/VO2 max: This test is useful in the evaluation of unexplained dyspnea (shortness of breath), assessment of aerobic fitness and prescribing an exercise regimen. All pulmonary diagnostic testing is performed by a Nevada-licensed respiratory care practitioner.
- Exercise-Induced Broncho-Constriction (EIB) Test: An EIB is useful in determining airway narrowing during exercise.
- Chronic Cough Evaluation: This test is conducted to make a definitive diagnosis for the cause of chronic cough.
- Tobacco Cessation: We offer smoking cessation counseling and techniques for our patients with a nicotine or tobacco addiction.
- COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease) Education: This includes patient instruction on the causes of COPD, its symptoms, self-monitoring techniques, breathing re-training and pulmonary medications.
- Inhaler Instruction: This practice teaches proper Meter Dose Inhaler (MDI) and Dry Powder Inhaler (DPI) techniques for optimal delivery of pulmonary medications.